We strive to be a role model in implementing sustainable business practices to enhance our positive impact on the world, preserve the historic Twenty Mile House and to give back to our surrounding local community.
Twenty Mile House is committed to the following Ecological Actions:
- Enjoy and serve local, organic and sustainable food whenever possible
- Shop locally; Partner with our local community for services and materials
- Support community programs and local non-profits
- Reduce – Reuse -Recycle
- Minimize use of disposable plastics; No plastic shopping bags; No disposable plastic utensil, plates, water bottles; Buy food in bulk.
- Improve water conservation, phase out higher flow sprinkler heads install more drip lines. Increase native plants.
- Use wood collected on site for primary heating source.
- Use only environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Use environmentally-friendly amenities in biodegradable and recyclable packaging
- Use and upgrade as appropriate to increasingly energy efficient lighting and appliances
- Use 100% cruelty free products
- Use recycled paper products for office and marketing materials
- Practice organic gardening and landscaping
- Operate our business Carbon Free.
- We strive to reduce our energy consumption and we offset the emissions for what we can not. Carbon offsets produce renewable energy and a wide range of environmentally beneficial project. See carbonfund.org for more information.